Job opportunities at Honest2Goodness
We currently have no vacancies at Honest2Goodness. Please check back again
Exciting opportunity to join the successful team at our Farmers Market.
Honest2Goodness Market has been up and running now for over two years, and is rapidly gaining a reputation for quality food and the place to buy affordable, local and natural foods. We expect to continue to grow our market over the coming months.
We will be opening our market on Wednesdays shortly, and we wish to establish a pool of staff to work with us at the market on Wednesdays and to also provide cover on Saturdays.
We operate a cafe and deli at the market, and will require assistants at both areas. The details are as follows:
Part-time Café/deli assistant: €10 per hour
Wednesdays & Saturdays
Main purpose of job
To serve customers, prepare food hygienically and maintain professional presentation of cafe/deli.
1. To provide a warm welcome and friendly, helpful and knowledgeable customer service.
2. To be an active and supportive team member, contributing in a constructive manner and treating all team members and customers with fairness and courtesy.
3. To comply fully with all Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations at all times.
Specialist skills/training/ knowledge
1. Good knowledge of the food and drink we serve and sell.
2. Clear communication with customers, suppliers and other team members.
3. Clean, tidy and appropriate clothing and hair at all times – no jewellery or nail varnish.
4. Willingness and ability to work weekends
Highly desirable: Food Safety qualification or willingness to undergo training to achieve qualification
1. Serving customers promptly, courteously and with a smile.
2. Ensuring that food served to customers is of a consistently high standard and well presented.
3. Prompt clearance and clearing of tables.
4. Maintenance of a clean and tidy environment at all times in the cafe/deli, preparation areas and washing-up area.
5. Preparing food, as required.
6. Assisting in the set up and set down of the café according to procedure on a daily basis or as required.
Please send a short CV to email@example.com by the 20th April 2012
Previous positions advertised
The Chef position below has been offered to a successful applicant (April 2012)
We are looking for a qualified/part qualified or commis chef to join our busy team , with a passion for great irish food, and ability to multitask. The person will work with the Honest2Goodness market team and will be mostly based in the kitchen, preparing our market-produce-based soups and hot dishes, salads and other dishes, and will help in developing the range of products on sale at the market cafe and Pantry stalls.
It is planned to open the market for its second day in the week on Wednesdays (From mid-April 2012), so the person will be required to assist in getting the second day up and running and then becoming operational in the kitchen for the second market day. The person will have to be flexible and assist in the overall running of the Farmers Market days.
Over time, the person may be required to supervise other staff in the kitchen.
A basic culinary qualification is required as well as Level 5 FETAC Food Hygiene. Experience in a professional kitchen is highly desirable although not essential.
The person must have a deep interest in food & healthy eating, with an emphasis on savoury dishes, and healthy ingredients.
We expect the person to be enthusiastic, committed, efficient, able to take direction but also to work independently within overall guidance.
Expected Working hours:
Tuesday 10 - 6
Wednesday 10 - 7
Friday 10 - 6
Saturday 7 - 3
Salary commensurate with experience and overall growth in the sales at the cafe and pantry.